Whether you’re a cognac connoisseur or a complete novice, The Cognac Show is the place to perfect discover the charm and wonder of this complex, tasty French spirit. Landing at Bloomsbury House in central London on Friday 27 and Saturday 28 April 2018, the show will be a celebration of the incredible French spirit, from the world's biggest cognac houses to some of the region's smaller producers.
For visitors wanting to get a flavour for the more experimental and contemporary side of the cognac industry, there'll be sensory experiences throughout the show and cocktails served up by mixologist Tony Conigliaro and his team from Bar Luciole in Cognac, France. For the connoisseurs, there'll be exclusive access to some of the grandes dames of cognac, with special tokens giving access to a selection of super-premium old and rare bottles.
All visitors will have the chance to get up close and personal with the people who make cognac, too. Classic producers like Rémy Martin, Martell and Frapin will all be on hand to help give visitors an understanding of the passion, dedication and time that goes into the creation of one of the world's most complex spirits. And as if that's not enough, there'll be more than 150 cognacs available to try at the event.
Need to know
Friday 27 April 2018 – 5.30pm-9.45pm – £40 per ticket
Saturday 28 April 2018 – 12.30pm-6.30pm – £45 per ticket
Bloomsbury House, 2-3 Bloomsbury Way, WC1A 2RL
For more information: cognacshow.com
This two-day celebration of all things cognac will enlighten your senses and ignite a love for this most luxurious of spirits. And to celebrate, we're offering one lucky reader the chance to win a pair of evening tickets to the festival on Friday 27 April, worth £40 each. The winner will also get their hands on a bottle of The Whisky Exchange's exclusive bottling of 1993 Frapin, worth £140.
All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is answer the simple question below.
The question is: From which country does Cognac originate?
Competition closes: 22nd April 2018
By entering, you agree to receive Foodism's weekly newsletter that includes inspiration, product news and competitions.
· Entrants and attendees must be 18 years + to attend
· This promotion is open only to United Kingdom (excluding Channel Islands) residents aged 18 or above, with the exception of employees of The Whisky Exchange or anyone else associated with the administration of this promotion
· By entering into the draw you expressly accept these terms and conditions of entry
· Only one entry is permitted per person notwithstanding the number of eligible purchases made by any individual
· Please ensure that all details included in your entry are accurate, otherwise we may not be able to contact you if you are selected as the winner
· The winner will be notified on or after 23 April 2018 by email
· If you are selected as the winner, you must respond within seven days of notification confirming your acceptance of the prize. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within seven days of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and not award the prize to a reserve
· By entering the competition, you agree that any personal data supplied in connection with the competition (including your name, image and contact details) may be used by us, our agents, partners and/or any third-party suppliers (as applicable) in connection with the administration of the competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes
· We may, in our sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions and we reserve the right to disqualify any entrant whose conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the promotion into disrepute. In the event of such disqualification we may award the application prize or another entrant
· The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
· The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law
· We will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within our control. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry
· We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the promotion or amend the competition or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions
· This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.