Meet Gabby, founder of Gabrielle Gardens
Moving from an unfulfilling role as a computer designer, Gabby set up her own gardening business in 2012 with the Princes' Trust enterprise program. Working part time with the prestigious Petersham Nurseries, she honed her skills and now works alongside a landscape architect and garden design graduate. Last year she won a gold medal at the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show for her show garden ‘African Vision Malawi’ promoting food security and permaculture in Africa, visited by over 70,000 people and featured on the BBC.
Manuel Caballo of the acclaimed American Bar at The Savoy – one of the World's 50 Best Bars – was inspired by her passion and drive to create this cocktail, the White Blossom. The result is a smooth yet complex drink using a coffee bean infusion that mingles the fruit and floral notes. The pink hue and garnish represent a miniature garden, to be enjoyed through vision, scent and taste.
Want to become one of Diplomático's Diplomats of a New Era? Find out more here.
- 45 ml Diplomático Blanco Rum
- 30 ml Cocchi Americano coffee bean infusion
- 10 ml grenadine
- 2 dashes of celery bitters
- Splash of soda water
- To make the Cocchi Americano infusion, add 20g coffee beans for every 200ml Cocchi, leave to infuse for 2 hours then strain.
- Stir all the ingredients apart from the soda in a mixing glass, pour into a red wine glass, add ice and a splash of soda.
- Garnish with fresh edible flowers.