Appleton Estate challenged eight of the best bartenders in London to create a one-of-a-kind rum cocktail. This is Layton Campbell's offering. Try it yourself at home or head to The Ned for one (or three).
- 35ml Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12YO
- 15ml lillet
- 15ml grapefruit and nutmeg syrup
- 25ml egg white
- 5ml lime juice
- 5ml green charteuse
- 2 dashes angostura bitter
- Shake all ingredients dry and then shake again with ice.
- Double strain and then shake again before pouring into a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with 5 grates of nutmeg and grapefruit zest before discarding and adding a grapefruit spiral.