- 50ml 100% blue agave tequila
- 25ml lime juice
- Ice (enough to fill shaker)
- 25ml hibiscus syrup
For hibiscus syrup (makes approx. 250ml. leftover syrup is great drizzled over ice cream)
- 350ml pre-prepared flor de Jamaica
- 200g sugar
- Firstly, make the hibiscus syrup by putting the sugar and flor de Jamaica in a small saucepan, stir, and simmer until the mixture's syrupy and the bubbles look like glass (approximately half an hour). Leave to cool, then decant into a container and refrigerate.
- When you're ready to make the margaritas, put all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake until your hands freeze to the metal. Pour into a glass and drink immediately.