These summer rolls from Vietnamese café chain Pho, made with vermicelli noodles, mint, coriander and perilla (a Vietnamese mint variant with spiked leaves), are just at home as a dinner party starter as light bites at a barbecue. Check out the recipe below.
- Finely shredded lettuce
- Whole mint leaves
- Perilla (tia to)
- Carrot and mooli pickle
- Cooked, thin vermicelli rice noodles
- 22cm rice papers
- Cooked tiger prawns or cooked chicken breast, sliced thinly
- Nuoc cham or peanut sauce to serve
- Dip the rice paper in warm water to soften and lay flat on a damp towel. Place the mint leaves in a line across the lower third of the rice paper.
- Lay the prawn or chicken slices across the entire width of the rice paper, leaving sufficient space at the end to fold in. Add the other ingredients, and then roll it up, away from you.
- Store chilled under damp, clean tea towel.
- Serve whole or sliced in two, with dipping sauce.