If you're after a lovely summer recipe, you're in for a treat. This stuffed tomato from new restaurant Margot – opening in September – is perfect for sun-soaked lunches and dinners and works as a main or a side. Want to know more? Margot will be opening in September – look out for more info here soon.
- 4 large beef tomatoes
- 1 skinned aubergine
- 2 courgettes
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 1 ball of diced buffalo mozzarella
- 50g Parmigiano Reggiano
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil (EVO)
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1 pinch of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 100g rocket salad
- Slice around 1cm off the top of the tomatoes and put the top to one side.
- Scoop out the pulp of the tomato into a bowl. Season the empty tomato with salt, pepper, oregano and place them in a baking tray.
- Dice the aubergine and the courgettes into 2cm cubes. Heat 100ml of the EVO and the garlic in a pan, add the courgettes and the aubergine, let it cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the tomato pulp, 4 leaves of chopped basil, salt and pepper. Let it cook it for about 5 more minutes, then place it in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Add the diced mozzarella and the Parmigiano Reggiano to the vegetables and mix it together.
- Fill the tomatoes with the vegetable mix, place 1 basil leaf on top of each tomato and close it with the sliced top of the tomato. Drizzle them with some more EVO and cook them in the oven at 170C for about 20 minutes.
- Serve it hot on a flat plate on a bed of rocket salad.