Whiskey and beer – a tried-and-tested combination hailing from the south of the US, and usually drunk from separate glasses. This cocktail, however, uses them in the same drink, marrying the punchy, hoppy beer flavours with the caramel and spice of Jack Daniel's Old No.7 whiskey. Enjoy...
- 50ml Jack Daniel's Old No.7
- 10ml malt syrup (see below)
- 40ml plum syrup (see below)
- 10ml lime juice
- 20ml coriander seed tea (see below)
- 120ml soda water
The malt syrup
- 100g of barley malt extract (add 100ml boiling water and stir to dissolve, then chill)
The plum syrup
- 100g Mirabelle plum jam (add 100ml boiling water and stir to dissolve, then chill)
The coriander seed tea
- 2.5g coriander seeds (add 250ml boiling water and leave for 5 minutes before straining and chilling)
Keep all ingredients chilled, then add together in half pint mug and stir briefly to combine and give a nice frothy head.