Sartoria's recipe for panzanella
This recipe from Sartoria's Francesco Mazzei is designed for al fresco eating – perfect now that temperatures are on the up
Preparation time 10 mins
Cooking time 5 mins
- 1/2 kg stale sourdough bread
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 celery sticks
- 300g datterino tomatoes
- 50g anchovies
- 1 red onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Tear the bread into small pieces, season with some olive oil and salt. Place on a tray and put for 8 minutes to grill in the oven at 180 degrees.
- Dice the celery sticks and cucumbers, chop the onions and cut the tomatoes in half. Put everything in a bowl and add the toasted bread.
- Add the basil and toss the mixture, stirring in the extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar until well combined. Add the anchovies to the Panzanella as a final touch.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.