Cinco de Mayo is much than an excuse for a big ol' party and plenty of tequila – it commemorates the unexpected victory of the Mexican army over the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. Here's a punchy cocktail recipe from tequila experts 1800 to give you those Mexican fiesta vibes. Salud!
- 50ml 1800 Reposado Tequila or 1800 Silver Tequila
- 30ml tomato juice
- 30ml pink grapefruit juice
- 10ml honey
- 10ml lemon juice
- 7 dashes of Cholula Original Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pinch of diced onion
- 1 grapefruit wedge and 3 cocktail onions, to garnish
Pour the tequila, tomato juice, grapefruit juice, honey, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper and diced onion into shaker and shake with ice. Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Finally, garnish with 3 cocktail onions and a grapefruit wedge.