- Olive oil
- 350g raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 chorizo sausages, chopped into 1cm thick slices
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 in of chopped plum tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over a moderate heat then add the chorizo and fry for 2-3 minutes until slightly crispy on each side. Stir in the prawns, chilli and garlic and sauté for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid the garlic burning, until the prawns are just cooked.
- Add the tomatoes and leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes until the tomatoes have thickened to a sauce-like consistency. Season with salt and pepper and add the parsley for a nice earthy flavour.
Mark Sargeant is working with Bowmore whisky for its latest release Small Batch. For more info, go to bowmore.com.