In this fresh take on a classic, traditional basil and pine nuts have been replaced with courgettes and almonds. Light but satisfying, it's perfect for summer lunching.
Make The Silver Spoon's almond and courgette pesto linguine
Courgetti? Not quite. This is proper Italian pasta, and the courgette here makes a base for a simple, delicious pesto that's stirred through the pasta before serving
Preparation time 40 mins
Cooking time 40 mins
- 200ml olive oil
- 40g sliced almonds
- 600g courgette, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 25 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 60g blanched almonds, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 120g grated parmesan cheese
- 600g linguine
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a small frying pan. Add the sliced almonds and cook, stirring from time to time, until browned. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the courgette and cook until crisp-tender. Scoop out the courgette and set aside to cool. Reserve the pot of cooking water.
- In a blender, process the courgette with the mint, parsley, chopped almonds, garlic, and parmesan. With the machine running, drizzle in 150ml oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the pot of reserved courgette cooking water to a boil, add the pasta, and cook until al dente. Drain and toss with the courgette pesto. Drizzle with oil, season with pepper, and garnish with the toasted sliced almonds.