In Tiko Tuskadze's recipe, pomegranate seeds, coriander and lemon wedges provide a balance of sweet and sour, allowing the delicate flavour of the fish to shine through.
- Vegetable or sunflower oil, for greasing
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground blue fenugreek
- ½ tsp ground marigold
- 1 whole trout, gutted, cleaned and scaled
- Seeds of ½ pomegranate
- 1 coriander sprig, leaves picked, to garnish
- 2 lemon slices
- Sea salt and chilli powder, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and lightly oil a large sheet of parchment paper.
- Place the garlic, sour cream, coriander, fenugreek and marigold in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Coat the trout with the sauce inside and out, then place in the centre of the parchment paper and fold in the edges to enclose the trout and form a parcel.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until the eyes of the fish are opaque.
- Transfer to a serving plate and scatter over the pomegranate seeds. Season to taste with sea salt and chilli powder. Serve the trout hot, garnished with coriander leaves and with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing.
From Supra: A Feast of Georgian Cooking by Tiko Tuskadze; photography by Yuki Sugiura. Published by Pavilion Books; pavilionbooks.com