"Paying homage to Tabasco's Deep South roots, this recipe twists the classic American boilermaker with a fiery tomato element," says Tom Gibson of this signature creation, which is part-bloody mary, part-boilermaker, all hangover-busting and all-delicious.
You can join in the fun this December with signature cocktails and secret dishes at loads of London bars and restaurants with Tabasco. Just search #tabascosquadgoals on Twitter.
- 10g celery salt
- 1 lemon
- 50ml bourbon
- 50ml tomato juice
- 10ml lemon juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 dashes of TABASCO® sauce
- 50ml IPA (of your choice)
- ½ lemon (remaining from above)
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Pour the celery salt onto a small plate and spread evenly. Slice the lemon through the middle and using the edge of one side of the lemon wet the rim of a tall tumbler glass, or beer mug. Dip the lemon rim into the salt plate ensuring the salt covers the whole rim (the excess can be discarded).
- Fill the salted glass to the top with cubed ice and pour over the bourbon, tomato juice, lemon juice, sugar and TABASCO® Sauce, taking care not to splash the salted edges. Stir for 20 seconds and top up with an IPA of your choice.
- To garnish, take the remaining half of lemon and cut a 1cm slice off the side to make a wheel. Pierce through the middle of the wheel with a cocktail stick and rest on the rim of the glass. Using the lemon, wet the end of the celery stick and dip into the plate of celery salt. Add the celery stick and a sprig of parsley to finish.